I love Indo-Chinese cuisine and I will make some Indo-Chinese food at least once in a month. So today I have shared the most popular food “Fried rice”. But this is not the regular fried rice; this fried rice is made using lots of garlic fried in oil, so the entire rice has the taste of garlic. If you are a garlic lover like me, then definitely you will love this recipe and will make it often.
For a fool proof fried rice recipe the key element is perfectly cooked fluffy rice. I usually soak the rice in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Once the rice is cooked you need to give some time to cool down the rice completely before tossing it into the pan.
It’s a perfect dish to pack it for lunch box. I mostly make this recipe on Fridays since it’s very easy to make(less time consuming). I have added lots of veggies in it, because I love crunchy vegetables on my fried rice. You can find the recipe for Schezwan vegetable fried rice on my YouTube channel (Veg2nonveg Kitchen) which I have shared 3 years back. While making this recipe my little one was awake, so I was unable to shoot the recipe video and hence shared the step by step photos to make this recipe.
So let’s see the ingredients needed for the recipe first.
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 and 3/4th cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup of finely chopped carrots
- ¼ cup of finely chopped bell peppers
- ¼ cup of finely chopped banana peppers
- 1 tablespoon of ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Green part of spring onions to garnish
Let’s see how to make this delicious fried rice:
- Clean and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes in water and then cook the rice with 1 and 3/4th cup water. You can either use rice cooker or pressure cookware to cook the rice.
- Once rice is done allow the rice to cool down completely and set aside until use, meanwhile chop your favorite veggies to add it to your fried rice and keep it ready
- Heat a pan or wok; add oil followed by chopped garlic. Garlic is the hero here, so allow the garlic to brown.
- Now add the chopped veggies one by one and cook it for 3-5 minutes on high flame. And then add the soy sauce, vinegar and salt and give it a mix.
- Add the cooked basmati rice and ground pepper and toss it well with the veggies and switch off the flame.
- Add some chopped green onions and serve it hot.
- I have used basmati rice but you can use any type of rice for this fried rice recipe.
- You can also add beans, sprouts, cabbage as well.
- If you want little spicier add some chopped green chilies.