I love baking and I will wait for holidays to bake our favorite goodies. Cinnamon flavor always remind me of holidays. It’s a long weekend coming up, so why are you waiting for? Try this Cinnamon flavored nuts filled braided bread recipe, it’s all worth it.
Baking breads are little challenging, you need know the baking science to get a perfect bread. It will be a herculean task for you until you understand the tips and tricks in baking. But don’t worry this bread doesn’t need anything like that 😉 It’s an easy recipe with minimal ingredients. While baking the bread the entire home will be filled with divine smell.
The recipe I have shared here is an eggless version; soon I have planned to share with egg. The bread has soft interior and crusty top. You can’t resist yourself with just one bite; the cinnamon buttery flavor will call you to try more 🙂
To make the bread extra rich I have added coarsely powdered nuts (Almonds and pistachios), but filling can be anything of your choice like cocoa, chocolate, walnuts, dry fruits , coconuts, etc.,
So let’s start with the recipe.
All-purpose flour/Maida – 2 ½ cups
Warm milk – 1 cup
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Active dry yeast – 2 teaspoon
Butter – 3 tablespoons
Sugar – ¼ cup
Coarsely grounded nuts (almonds & pistachios) – 3 tablespoons
Cinnamon – 2 tablespoons
- In a bowl add the yeast, sugar and warm milk and stir it and keep it aside until the yeast activates.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
- Now pour the milk mixture to this dry ingredients bowl and mix it with hands. It will be sticky but don’t worry once you start kneading it will come to a shape.
- Knead the dough for 5- 10 minutes until the dough leaves the edges of the bowl and pulls away.
- Then shape the dough to a round and apply some oil on top and cover with a clean wrap.
- Keep the dough at a warm place for about 1 hour or until the dough doubled in size.
- Meanwhile mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon and keep it aside.
- Once the bread dough has doubled in size, punch the dough and start shaping the dough to a rectangular shape with the help of a rolling pin.
- Don’t stretch the dough too thin. Once you got rectangular shape, apply the cinnamon mixture on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the coarsely powdered nuts on top of it and start rolling the dough tightly to a log shape.
- Cut the rectangular log into half lengthwise leaving one end uncut.
- Now start braiding the two lengthwise logs, make sure the cut side is exposed.
- Pinch and duck it in the ends together to form a wreath shape.
- Preheat the oven for 400 F (200 C).
- Place a parchment paper on a baking tray or a cookie sheet.
- Transfer the bread wreath to the baking sheet and give a milk wash (equal parts of milk and water mixed) on top of the bread.
- Bake it for 20 – 25 minutes until the top of the bread is turned golden brown.
- Once done, serve the bread warm and you can drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of it to make it extra delicious.
- Everyone’s oven temperature is different, so start checking after 15 minutes of baking the bread.
- This bread doesn’t need any second proof, so once you braided the bread you can bake it.
- The filling can be anything of your choice even some preserves will work just delicious.