The best basic chia pudding recipe with just 5 ingredients, this is a quick and easy chia pudding recipe which is perfect for a breakfast, snack or a dessert. It’s a cute jar packed with proteins and fibers and the best part is: it is vegan and gluten-free 🙂
The fall season is yet to start and I am already dreaming of warm cinnamon spices and hot chocolate ;). So I made this cinnamon flavored chia pudding for breakfast. Usually I soak the chia seeds overnight and serve it for breakfast topping with some fresh fruits. This time I topped the pudding with some chopped apples, as cinnamon and apples are a heavenly combinations 🙂
This is the basic recipe for chia pudding. Once you know to make this recipe, and then can play around with the flavors and toppings as per your taste. Since I want to create a vegan recipe I have not used any dairy products. If you are not a vegan then you can very well add any kind of milk to this recipe.
As you all know there are lots of proven health benefits in using chia seeds, I have started adding it in my daily diet as much as I could.
Chia seeds are packed with nutrients, high in antioxidants and fewer in calories. Hence they are perfect for guilt free desserts. And also the high fiber and protein content in chia seeds helps to lose some weight which is a wonderful proven fact 🙂
Apart from that, chia seed helps to lower the blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of heart disease and there are many more facts.
The mentioned measurement for chia pudding recipe works best for two peoples. You can double or half the recipe as per your need.
If you tried this chia pudding recipe let me know how it turned. Take a picture and tag me @veg2nonveg_kitchen on Instagram with the hashtag #veg2nonvegkitchen. I would love to see your creation 🙂
Cinnamon chia pudding (Vegan)
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk cashew milk or coconut milk
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Chopped apple and nuts for topping
In a bowl, mix together the chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract.
Once the ingredients are mixed together let it sit for 5 minutes.
Mix it again to break the lump formation if there is any and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour to overnight for the chia pudding to set.
Before serving the chia pudding, top it with some freshly chopped apples and nuts for crunchiness and enjoy.
- If the chia seed pudding is too thick, then add some milk to dilute.
- If the chia seed pudding is thin, add some chia seeds and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- To create the pudding vegan friendly I have added the almond milk. But you can also use normal full fat milk for this recipe.
- I have used maple syrup for sweetness but you can also use honey or sugar for sweetness.