“Manchurian” the word by itself makes us drools right? If you checked my previous post, you can find the recipe for “Burnt Garlic veg fried rice”, I usually make cauliflower (Gobi) Manchurian as a side dish, but this time I don’t want to go for the usual one so tried this Egg Manchurian and it came out super yummy 🙂 No wonder I am going to make this recipe often.
There are so many varieties of Manchurians like baby corn Manchurian, veggie ball Manchurian, chicken Manchurian, etc., but once you try this Egg Manchurian recipe then you will definitely love this for sure 🙂
There are two versions of Manchurians, dry and saucy Manchurians. It depends on your preference how you want to make them to be. You can just boil the eggs and add it to the sauce or you can fry them and add it to the sauce, that’s what I did in this recipe.
If you are organizing any party or get together, make this egg Manchurian as an appetizer, definitely your guest will love this and ask you for the recipe. I have not added any artificial food colors so it’s better than the restaurant one 😉
So let’s see the ingredients needed for this recipe:
Ingredients for making egg fritter:
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
¼ cup of cornstarch or corn flour
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
Oil for deep frying
Instructions for making egg fritter:
- In a bowl, add four eggs, salt, turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon pepper powder and whisk it together.
- Pour the egg mixture into a small bowl or vessel and steam cook it for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, allow them to cool a little and cut it into medium sized pieces.
In a separate bowl add the corn flour, all-purpose flour, salt, ground pepper and mix it. Add the water little by little and whisk the batter. Make sure there are no lumps. The consistency of the batter should neither be thick nor thin (refer pic for consistency)
Now add the egg pieces to the batter and coat it well.
- Meanwhile heat some oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot, drop the egg pieces one by one into the oil and fry till it is crisp or bubbles in the oil calms down.
- Transfer the fried egg fritters to a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
For Manchurian sauce:
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
3 tablespoons of chopped onions
3 tablespoons of chopped bell peppers
2 tablespoons of red chili sauce
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons of water
Chopped spring onion
- Heat a pan and add oil, followed by chopped garlic and fry it for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and bell peppers and sauté it for 2-3 minutes and add some water to cook.
- Meanwhile make the cornstarch mixture, in a small bowl add the cornstarch and water and mix it and keep it aside.
- Once the onions and bell peppers are softened add the sauces (red chili, tomato and soy) and mix it.
- Now add the cornstarch mixture, salt and some water if needed and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Now add the egg fritters to the sauce and toss it and switch off the flame.
- Add the spring onions for garnishing and serve it with fried rice or you can have it as an appetizer.
- If you don’t wish to deep fry your eggs, you can just boil the eggs, cut it into pieces and add it to the sauce.
- The same recipe can be done with the variation in veggies also.
- If you want the semi saucy Manchurian, then add some more water to your sauce.
If you tried this recipe let me know how it turned. Take a picture and tag me @veg2nonveg_kitchen on Instagram with the hashtag #veg2nonvegkitchen. I would love to see your creation 🙂