Panna cotta is a famous Italian dessert; rich, creamy and silky chilled dessert served with fresh berries. The classic panna cotta is a vanilla flavored one usually served with raspberry sauce on top. The panna cotta’s are not only treat to eyes but yummy to tummy as well. They just look as beautiful as they taste 🙂
I just love desserts. I will search for desserts in the menu before ordering the main course if I am visiting any restaurants. And if it is Italian restaurant then panna cotta will be my first option and the second one will be the tiramisu cake 😉
Today I have shared the recipe for “White Chocolate panna cotta”, which is my favorite. The best thing about panna cotta is they can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 3-4 days. This will avoid the last minute tension of making a dessert for your parties. Even the sauce can also be made ahead and store it fridge and they taste good for up to 2 weeks.
Now strawberries are in season, so thought of making strawberry sauce to pair with the panna cotta. I have added a teaspoon of lemon juice in the sauce to cut the extra sweetness in the sauce. I have pureed it after cooking the strawberries, but you can just thicken the sauce by adding a teaspoon of cornstarch and use it.
Chocolates are best in desserts. Either it’s a cake or cookies they just taste great and makes everything perfect. White chocolates combining with cream gives you a unique flavor. Let’s see the ingredients and make the yummiest dessert in the world 🙂
If you tried this recipe let me know how it turned. Take a picture and tag me @veg2nonveg_kitchen on Instagram with the hashtag #veg2nonvegkitchen. I would love to see your creation 🙂
The measurement mentioned yields 6 panna cotta’s
For panna cotta:
500ml of heavy cream
200ml of whole milk
120gm of white chocolate chips
40gm of sugar
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons of cold water
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
For strawberry sauce:
1 cup of chopped strawberries
3 tablespoons of sugar
½ cup of water
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Take a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin and give it a mix and let it stand for 5 minutes until the gelatin softens.
- Measure the white chocolate and sugar and keep it aside.
Meanwhile take a saucepan, add the heavy cream and milk and heat it on stove top.
Once the milk starts boiling, remove it from heat and add the white chocolate, sugar and gelatin and mix it well until the gelatin dissolves and white chocolate melts.
- Add the vanilla extract and give it a stir. Now filter the panna cotta mixture and pour it carefully into the ramekins/bowl.
- Cover the ramekins and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours to overnight.
For the strawberry sauce, take a saucepan and add the strawberries, water, lemon juice and sugar and cook it for 5- 8 minutes until the strawberries soften.
Allow it to cool and blend it to a puree, sauce is ready.
Now invert the panna cotta on a plate and add some strawberry sauce on top and serve it chill.
- If you are unable to unmold the panna cotta, it means it needs some time to set. So leave it in fridge for another hour and then try to unmold it.
- As I didn’t have white chocolate bar at home I used white chocolate chips. But can use either bar or chips to this recipe.
- Instead of gelatin you can use agar-agar as well for the recipe.