I am a chocolate lover and I love chocolates in all forms 😉 that too it’s a cake topped with chocolate ganache can’t go wrong right? There are many varieties of Bundt cake like plain vanilla, double chocolate , marble Bundt., But this is the first I am using the Bundt pan so I want to play safe so decided to make my favorite chocolate Bundt cake. Believe it or not the cake turned amazingly delicious than I expected.
If you follow my recipe exactly you will get extremely moist, not too rich chocolate flavor with a hint of coffee flavored chocolate Bundt cake, topped with rich and creamy chocolate glaze.
Check the TIPS section before getting into the recipe !
Chocolate Bundt Cake
Extremely moist chocolate bundt cake topped with rich chocolate ganache.
- All-purpose flour/Maida – 1 ¾ Cup
- Cornstarch – ¼ cup
- Unsalted butter – 1 Cup
- Refined sugar – 2 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2
- Sour cream or yogurt – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
- Semi – sweet chocolate chips – ½ cup
- Heavy cream – 2 tablespoons
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Step 1 Take a sauce pan and add the 1 cup of water.
- Step 2 Once the water is heated add the instant coffee powder to it and mix it.
- Step 3 Now add the butter and cocoa powder.
- Step 4 Once the butter has melted, switch off the flame and allow the chocolate mixture to cool.
- Step 5 Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Step 6 In a bowl add the dry ingredients together and mix it (flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda)
- Step 7 In another bowl add the wet ingredients together and mix it (eggs, yogurt/sour cream, vanilla extract)
- Step 8 Now add the chocolate mixture (after cooling) to the wet ingredient bowl and whisk it thoroughly.
- Step 9 Combine wet and dry ingredients together by slowing adding and whisking
- Step 10 make sure the chocolate cake batter is well combined without any lumps.
- Step 11 Now pour the cake batter in to the greased Bundt pan and bake it for 55-60 minutes.
- Step 12 Insert a tooth pick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Step 13 Once done, allow the cake to cool for 10 – 15 minutes and then remove the Bundt pan by flipping it to the cooling rack.
- Step 14 Now prepare the ganache by adding the chocolate chips, tablespoon of butter and heavy cream on a microwave safe bowl and melt until you get smooth consistency of ganache.
- Step 15 Once the cake has cooled down, pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and enjoy your slice of cake.
- Using sour cream or yogurt to the cake batter is most important step to get moist cake.
- If you are using the Bundt pan for the first time, make sure you apply cooking spray/oil all over the pan including edges with the help of a brush, then add almond flour and coat the pan completely. This prevents the cake from sticking to the pan.
- I suggest not using the butter for greasing the Bundt pan, there is a chance of cake sticking to the pan because of the milk solids present in the butter.
- If you don’t have almond flour you can very well coat the pan with the all-purpose flour.
- If you don’t like coffee flavor, you can very well avoid the step of adding instant coffee.
- If you want your chocolate cake to be extra rich add another ¼ cup pf cocoa powder into the batter.
- Every oven is different, so start checking the cake after 45 minutes from baking.(Mine took exactly 1 hour to bake).