The BEST Whole wheat chocolate chip cookie ever! These cookies are absolutely healthy made using 100% wholewheat flour and loaded with chocolate chips and sliced almonds!
Chocolate chip cookies with whole wheat flour:
Who doesn’t love cookies? And I am not an exceptional 🙂
Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies low in sugar recipes are very tough to make, so here I have shared the recipe with some sugar alternative and works the BEST whole wheat chocolate chip cookie ever!
This recipe varies from my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, I have used almond flour and some almond flakes for an extra flavor. Most of my cookie recipes are using with the regular all-purpose flour or addition of both wheat flour and regular flour, but his time I made these cookies with 100% Whole wheat flour.
There is no white sugar in the recipe, instead there is Jaggery(organic can sugar) in this wheat cookie recipe. So definitely it’s in the healthier side 🙂 and you can grab as many cookies as you want without counting the calories;)
Its very easy to make this chocolate chip cookies recipe, as it doesn’t need any fancy kitchen aid, a simple fork or a whisk will do its job beautifully. Make sure the eggs and butter are at room temperature before using it in the recipe for good results. You can make the cookie dough ahead and bake it whenever you want, the preparation and baking the cookies won’t take much time.
As I mentioned these whole wheat cookies are best for tea time snacks, midnight carvings, tea party, Christmas goodies, graduation day, etc., the cookies just melt in your mouth. I like to have my cookies with a glass of milk, it’s so perfect and taste delicious in all ways 🙂
The recipe yields perfect chocolate chip almond cookies which are extremely soft and crumbly in texture. If you have chocolate chip carvings try this recipe which is a healthier option!
Chocolate Chips and Almonds Whole Wheat Cookies
Soft and crumbly whole wheat cookies with no white sugar.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of mini semi sweetened chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds
- ½ cup of powdered jaggery
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Step 1 In a bowl add the softened butter and powdered jaggery, mix it with fork or whisk until well combined.
- Step 2 Add the almond extract and an egg and whisk it.
- Step 3 Now add the whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt and mix it to form dough.
- Step 4 Finally add the chocolate chips and sliced almonds and give it a quick mix.
- Step 5 The cookie dough is ready, now scoop the dough to equal portion and flatten it.
- Step 6 Place the flattened cookie dough in a parchment on a cookie sheet.
- Step 7 Once done, keep the tray in a freezer for 5 minutes until the oven is preheated at 350 F
- Step 8 After preheating, bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes.
- Step 9 Once done transfer the cookies to the cooling rack and allow it to cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- Step 10 Then serve the cookies with a glass of milk and enjoy.
- Instead of whole wheat flour you can use all – purpose flour or else you can use equal parts of all-purpose and whole wheat or whatever you desire.
- For the vegan version of the recipe, replace the butter with cooking oil/coconut oil and egg with the flax seeds.
- Jaggery is a type of Organic cane sugar, you can find them in world market or Indian grocery.
- Placing the cookie tray in freezer for 5 minutes helps the cookies to maintain its shape or else they tend to spread a little.
- If you don’t have almond flour in handy, then you can just blanch some almonds, dry them and then grind them in a food processor to get almond flour.
- I have used mini sweetened chocolate chips. You can also use chocolate chunks instead.
- Every oven is different, so start checking at the cookies after 10 minutes. The bottom of the cookies must be turned dark browned.