Simple and delicious Instant pot strawberry jam recipe with just 4 ingredients. And guess what? There are no preservatives or pectin’s added.
Its strawberry season everywhere and how about some homemade strawberry jam without added preservatives! I used instant pot method for making strawberry jam since it saves a lot of time. This strawberry jam is perfect to have it with toasted bread or you can use it in any desserts or ice creams 🙂
We went for strawberry picking on Memorial Day weekend to a nearby farm and picked some red and delicious strawberries. I decided to make strawberry jam with those flavorful strawberries. Making strawberry jam with Instant pot needs only minimal effort so I started making jam as soon as we returned from the farm.
You can follow the same method to make blueberry or blackberry or raspberry jam. All you have to do is to add all the ingredients and close the lid, Instant pot do the work for you 😉
Here are the few possible questions about the recipe:
What’s the self-life of the strawberry jam?
The self-life of the strawberry jam is 3-4 weeks if it stored in a refrigerator.You can also freeze the strawberry jam up to 1 year and use it.
Why Instant pot to make this strawberry jam recipe?
How to make the strawberry jam recipe without the Instant pot?
You can use the stove top method to make this recipe using the same ingredients and measurements. Cooking the strawberries in Instant pot varies here, instead blend the strawberries and add it to the sauce pan and cook it in a medium flame for 10-12 mins and then add the cornstarch slurry and cook until the jam thickens.
Can I use any other fruits instead of strawberries?
You can use any other berries instead of strawberries but no other fruits since the measurement of sweetener and cooking time vary for other fruits.
Now let’s see how to make this delicious “Instant pot strawberry jam” step wise.
How to make Instant pot strawberry jam:
Rinse the strawberries and remove the green part. Slice the strawberries to halves.
Add the strawberries into the Instant pot.
Squeeze around 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Add the sugar on top of the strawberries and give it a mix. Allow them to sit it for 10-15 minutes so that the sugar helps the strawberries to release its juice. This is an important step so don’t skip it. The juices from strawberries help to cook the jam without adding water.
Mash few strawberries with the help of a potato masher. If you like chunky strawberry jam then you can skip this step.
Now close the lid and secure the pressure release valve. Select the “Manual” option and cook on high pressure for 1 minute and then wait for 15 minutes to release the pressure naturally.
Remove the lid, the strawberry jam might look like a soup but don’t worry the jam is not done yet.
In a small bowl take 2 tablespoons of strawberry liquid from the instant pot and combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and make it smooth slurry.
Add the cornstarch mixture to the instant pot and select “sauté” mode.
Bring the mixture to boil and stir it frequently until the jam is thickened (it takes just 3-5 minutes)
Once done turn off the Instant pot and allow the jam to cool a bit.
Then transfer the jam to an airtight jar and store it in refrigerator.
Enjoy the homemade strawberry jam with a slice of bread 🙂
If you try any of my recipes, do share a picture with me by using the #veg2nonvegkitchen on Instagram I’d love to see what you guys cook from here:)
Instant pot strawberry jam recipe (Just 4 ingredients)
Instant pot strawberry jam recipe with just 4 ingredients. Simple and easy to make, perfect for sandwiches and in desserts and guess what! No added preservatives and pectin’s!
- 3 cups of strawberries (halved)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Add the halved strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to the instant pot.
- Mix it and let it rest for 10-15 minutes, strawberries releases its juice by doing so.
- Mash few strawberries with the potato masher.
- Close the Instant pot lid and secure the pressure release valve. Select the “Manual” option and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- Wait for 15 minutes to release the pressure naturally.
- Remove the Instant pot lid, take 2 tablespoons of strawberry liquid from the Instant pot and combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and make it smooth slurry.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the instant pot and select “Sauté” mode.
- Bring the mixture to boil and stir it frequently until the jam is thickened (it takes just 3-5 minutes)
- Once done turn off the Instant pot and allow the jam to cool a bit.
- Transfer the jam to an airtight container and store it in refrigerator and use when needed.
- You can add any other sweetener instead of sugar.
- If the fresh strawberries are not available you can use the frozen strawberries instead.
Like this recipe? Rate it by clicking on the stars in the recipe card!