Can you image summer without Mangoes? Because I can’t! I start dreaming about mangoes in spring itself 😉 that much I am crazing about this fruit.
I got some fresh mangoes from my local grocery store. They were so sweet and pulpy; I immediately decided to make some limeade out of it. During summer I have a habit of consuming lots of juices and smoothies to keep myself hydrated. So I always make some lemonade or juices ahead to stock up for the next 2 days.
Adding grated ginger to the limeade or lemonade gives you that zing 😉 so I love to add some fresh ginger in my juices. Apart from that, ginger has a power to lower the blood sugar levels, so it’s good to add ginger in our day today meals.
Normally limeade is made using sugar syrup. If you don’t have time to make them ahead you can very well add honey instead of sugar. Since this limeade can be made ahead it’s a best option for any picnics, get together, celebrations, parties, etc., this is kids friendly version. For adult version you can add 2 cups of white rum instead of water, it will turn into to Mango ginger mojito 😉
So, enjoy this summer with this Mango Ginger Limeade or lemonade.
Mango ginger limeade
The best limeade for this summer made with juicy and pulpy mangoes.
- ½ cup of fresh mango pulp
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 3 cups of cold water
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Step 1 Let’s make the sugar syrup first. Add the sugar and ½ cup water to a pan and switch on the flame.
- Step 2 Add the freshly grated ginger to the sugar mixture and switch off the flame once the sugar have melted completely.
- Step 3 Filter the sugar syrup using a strainer and set aside to cool down.
- Step 4 In a jar add the mango pulp, lime juice, cold water and the sugar syrup and mix it well.
- Step 5 Before serving add some mint leaves and ice cubes and serve it chill.
- You can replace honey instead of sugar.
- If you don’t have lime at home you can very well add lemon juice instead.
- I have used fresh mango pulp for this recipe but you can also use frozen or canned mango pulp
If you tried this recipe let me know how it turned. Take a picture and tag me @veg2nonveg_kitchen on Instagram with the hashtag #veg2nonvegkitchen. I would love to see your creation 🙂
You may also like these summer treats:
Mango ice cream with strawberry swirls
Swirled grape yogurt popsicles
6 thoughts on “Mango Ginger Limeade”
MANGO GINGER LIMEADE lovely!
Thank you so much 🙂