#InnovasianOccasionWithWalmart, #ad , this post is sponsored by @eatinnovasian and however, the recipe and opinions are my own
Schezwan fried rice with crispy honey chicken
Spicy Schezwan fried rice with absolutely delicious crispy chicken to make our daily dinner next level.
Are you bored of cooking daily the same repeated menu? How about some tasty Asian dinner that can be made in less than 30 minutes? No, I am not kidding! The recipe I shared today needs just 30 minutes of your time to prepare and put everything together. This recipe for fried rice is perfect to prepare on a Friday night for dinner. I must say this, these honey glazed crispy chicken are better than taking out!
Crispy Honey Chicken
I found this amazing Asian @eatinnovasian meal at #walmart in the frozen section. Immediately I wanted to give it a try of the recipe. You can reheat the chicken in a microwave or oven or air fryer or even in a skillet. I preferred to microwave the chicken and coated the chicken with the honey sauce that came along with the pack. The Crispy chicken turned absolutely juicy and delicious, our family immediately fell in love with the product and I again made a second batch of the recipe, and this time I paired them with schezwan fried rice. Words cannot explain this amazing combination! You should try it.
What is a Schezwan sauce?
Schezwan Sauce Is A Spicy Garlicky Indo Chinese Sauce Really Easy To Make, Usually, Schezwan Sauce Are Served With Momo Dish, Cutlets, And Spring Rolls. This Is A Spicy Hot Sauce Which Is Perfect For Noodles And Rice Which Takes The Dish To Another Level. It Just Needs Two Main Ingredients To Make The Sauce, Red Chilies And Lots Of Garlic. So Schezwan Sauce Is Considered The Best Indo Chinese Condiment For Any Snacks And Appetizers Worldwide.
I usually make this Schezwan sauce in a small batch and store it in the fridge to use later. Since we love Indo-Chinese food we will use the sauce for making dinner often. The sauce is really a life savior for me.
You can find the recipe for Schezwan sauce here. It’s a popular recipe on my blog.
What is fried rice?
Fried rice is a popular Chinese recipe made using perfectly cooked rice tossed with crunchy vegetables and spicy sauce.
What kind of rice can be used to make this fried rice recipe?
Any kind of long-grain rice works perfectly for making fried rice. I prefer Jasmine rice personally. Cook the rice to perfection and chill it for some time so that they won’t break when stir-fried on a high flame.
Let’s check the detailed recipe below.
Heat the crispy honey chicken according to the package instructions. I used the microwave to heat the chicken.
Thaw the sauce packet or else immerse the frozen sauce packet in a bowl filled with hot water.
Transfer the heated chicken to a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and stir it well.
Add the sesame seeds and green onions. Coat it well and keep it aside.
Heat a large skillet and add oil.
Once the oil is heated add the white part of green onions.
Add the veggies and stir fry it on a high flame for 5 minutes. Add the schezwan sauce and vinegar.
Saute for 2 more minutes and add the cooked rice. Coat the rice well with veggies and sauce.
Season the fried rice with salt and pepper.
Finally, add the green onions and mix the rice well.
Transfer the fried rice to a bowl and top it with crispy honey chicken.
Garnish the rice and chicken with sesame seeds and green onions and enjoy your Asian meal.
Schezwan fried rice with crispy honey chicken
For Crispy Honey Chicken
- 18 oz InnovAsian Crispy Honey Chicken
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tablespoon green onions chopped
For Schezwan Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup mixed veggies carrot, beans,cabbage
- 2 tablespoon schezwan sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the crispy honey chicken according to the package instructions. Thaw the sauce packet.
- Transfer the heated chicken to a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and stir it well.
- Add the sesame seeds and green onions. Coat it well and keep it aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add oil.
- Once the oil is heated add the white part of green onions.
- Add the veggies and stir fry it on a high flame for 5 minutes. Add the schezwan sauce and vinegar.
- Saute for 2 more minutes and add the cooked rice. Coat the rice well with veggies and sauce.
- Season the fried rice with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the green onions and mix the rice well.
- Transfer the fried rice to a bowl and top it with crispy honey chicken and enjoy your meal.