Spicy beet balls – Sounds, delicious right ? Yes it is ! This is one of the way to make your baby to eat this healthy vegetable without compelling them.Mostly childerns don’t like vegetables and if it is a earthy vegetable then they will say a big NO . But if you make the beet balls in my way then they will sure love it and ask you to make often !
Beetroot has lots of health benefits like boosting your immunity, lowering your blood pressure, fight cancer and inflammation,etc., so why should avoid this healthy vegetable in our meal?
I have made spicy version of beet balls, if you are giving to your kids then you can adjust the spice level accordingly.I have mentioned green chili in the ingredient list but i did’t add because I want to give it to my baby.
Spicy Beet Balls
Spicy beetroot balls are perfect snacks on a rainy day .
- Grated beetroot - 1 cup
- All purpose flour/ Maida - 2 tablespoons
- Gram flour / Besan - 2 tablespoons
- Rice flour - 2 tablespoons
- Green chili - 1
- Chopped onion - 1/4 cup
- Red chili powder - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Roasted Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Step 1 In a bowl add the grated beetroot.
- Step 2 Add the mentioned spice powders, salt, onions, coriander leaves and give it a mix
- Step 3 Now add the mentioned flours one by one (All purpose flour, rice flour and gram flour)
- Step 4 Mix it with your hand
- Step 5 No need to add any water since the water content in the beetroot in enough to hold the shape.
- Step 6 Now make small balls out of the dough
- Step 7 Meanwhile keep a heavy bottom wok and add 1 cup of oil for deep frying
- Step 8 Once the oil is heated add the balls gently into the oil and fry it on a medium flame
- Step 9 Remove the excess oil from the beet balls using a tissue paper
- Step 10 Serve the beet balls hot with some sauce or as it is
Its a perfect starter for parties. You can make it ahead of time and store it in fridge and at the time of guest arrival you can deep fry and serve it hot.
Since it is little spicier side I serve it with tangy sweetish tomato sauce and yogurt. But it can be eaten as it is 🙂
- Instead of beets , you can used grated carrots or you can mix beets and carrots also in equal proportion.
- You can also bake these beet balls instead of deep frying
- Instead of deep frying you can also shallow fry it will little oil in a pan(but flatten the balls and fry it for even cooking)