Strawberry Lemonade Recipe – The ultimate summer drink recipe with just 4 ingredients, lemon, strawberry, sugar and water.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Shantiva. All opinions stated in the post are entirely my own experience with the product.
How to make the BEST strawberry lemonade
The best strawberry lemonade recipe that you have tried so far! Strawberry lemonade is a delicious drink that can be enjoyed in a hot mid-day summer. Nothing beats the taste of freshly made lemonade. Perfect homemade drink to enjoy this summer, all you need is freshly squeezed lemon juice, well-ripened strawberries, and sugar. Its peak of summer and the two seasonal ingredients which are easily available are lemons and strawberries. The well-ripened strawberries work best for the recipe since they give beautiful color and flavor to the lemonade.
Traditionally lemonade is made using lemon juice, water, and a sweetener such as cane sugar, a simple sugar syrup (sugar and water), or honey. In this recipe of strawberry lemonade, it’s a small variation of adding strawberry puree to the traditional lemonade recipe.
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for making this strawberry lemonade recipe, but I highly recommend using fresh strawberries when they are easily available. Make sure you thaw the frozen strawberries before blending.
Are the lemonade and limeade are the same?
No, lemonade is a beverage contains lemon juice, sugar, and water, whereas limeade contains juices from lime, sugar, and water. The taste and flavors are entirely different between them. If you are interested in any limeade recipe check this recipe for “Mango Limeade” available on my blog.
Why should I make a strawberry lemonade recipe?
- Easy to make
- Need just 4 basic ingredients
- Crowd pleaser
- Perfect summer cooler
- An absolutely delicious drink that can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
How to beat the summer heat?
Drinking plenty of water helps to beat the heat. Water flushes out the toxins and wastes and helps to regulate the body temperature. I have to thank Shantiva for sending me this “Copper water pitcher” which is indeed for the summer. Drinking water from a copper pitch has amazing health benefits and it is highly recommended by the experts. Copper has many anti-bacterial properties, helps to promote good health, anti-aging, and so on. Nothing makes me happier than the family with good health, am I right?
You may also be interested to try these summer recipes
Stepwise explanation in making the strawberry lemonade recipe
Let’s see how to make the BEST strawberry lemonade recipe better than store-bought one with step wise pictures.
- First began with making the sugar syrup. In a saucepan add the sugar and 1 cup of water. Boil the water and sugar mixture on a medium flame until the added sugar is completely dissolved. Transfer the sugar syrup to a container and keep it aside until to be used.
- Wash and clean the strawberries, remove the leaf part, and cut them into halves or quartered.
- Place the strawberries to the blender, add ½ cup water and blend them until smooth. Some prefer to filter the strawberry puree to remove the strawberry juice separately from the pulp and seeds but I prefer to use it as it is. Transfer them to a glass jar and keep it aside.
- Fresh lemons give a wonderful flavor. I have used large lemons for the recipe. Squeeze around 5-6 lemons until you get 1 cup of lemon juice.
- So now the main items to make the lemonade are ready, sugar syrup, strawberry puree, and lemon juice. In this stage, you can either make the strawberry lemonade or store the prepared items in the refrigerator and make the lemonade whenever you want.
- In a pitcher combine lemon juice, strawberry puree, sugar-water syrup, and remaining water and mix it well. If you desire to add some ice cubes, fresh slices of strawberries and mint leave to the lemonade and serve it chill.
- But I usually prefer individual serving since the taste varies from person to person. In a glass add some ice cubes, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar syrup, and 3 tablespoons of strawberry puree and 1/3rd cup of water to it and enjoy.
If you are not a sugar lover, add honey while making syrup instead of sugar.
If you have more strawberries, then you would definitely love to try this recipe
If you tried this “Strawberry Lemonade” recipe let me know how it turned. Take a picture and tag me @veg2nonveg_kitchen on Instagram with the hashtag #veg2nonvegkitchen. I would love to see your creation.
Here is the printed version of the strawberry lemonade recipe
The BEST Strawberry lemonade recipe
- 1 cup fresh strawberries quartered
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Mint for garnish
- In a sauce pan add sugar and ½ cup of water;stir until the sugar is dissolved. Heat on a medium flame until the sugar iscompletely melted.
- Place the strawberries in a blender, add ½ cupof water and blend until smooth.
- In a pitcher combine, lemon juice, strawberry puree,sugar water syrup and remaining water and mix it well.
- Serveit chill by adding some ice cubes and fresh mint leaves.
Do you want to PIN this strawberry lemonade recipe to make it later? Here you go!